22 May 2015

Feature & Follow Friday [2]


Welcome to Feature and Follow Friday. A weekly meme that is hosted by Parajunkee and Alison. The goal of this weekly hop is to gain followers, discover new blogs and make friends.

This week's weekly question:How do you write your reviews?

When I first started to write reviews, I kind of used to just wing it. I would have all of these thoughts as I was reading and finishing up the book, but I found that when I would wing it, I tended to forget what it was that I wanted to say about the book. As I started to get back into blogging, I realized that i needed to change up my approach. 

Pen to Paper: 
That's right, I went to writing it out by hand. When I was in university, I used to do this exact same thing when it came to writing out my university papers. The thing that I really like about writing it this way is that when I go to type it up, I can make my revisions, and change up what I don't like, or what I think doesn't sound good the way I had initially written it. This method has been working for me, and I'm hoping to keep it up. 

Note taking: 
I also find it really helpful to write notes, and jot down pages/quotes that I really liked. I'm usually thinking as I'm writing I'm reading, but when it comes to actually writing, I forget about some of the spots of the book that I really liked (or disliked)

How do you write your reviews?


Click here to enter your link and view the Linky list 


6 comments:

  1. I write out notes and even start the review as I'm still reading as well. This way I don't forget important points to talk about because I already have most of them written down!
    New bloglovin' follower :)

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messed up on my link, sorry! LOL Here is the correct one: The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping through. Several people write their reviews on paper. It makes me think I should start doing this. I think it might really help me.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm such a perfectionist that it takes me a while to think of what to write and then I just hope that I can get it down the way I had it in my head.

    New follower.

    My FF: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/05/feature-follow-friday-writing-reviews.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to take notes as I'm reading too as it helps me remember certain thoughts that I had about the plot or a particular character etc.

    New follower via GFC & Bloglovin :)

    -- Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must take notes while reading or I my mind goes blank when I start to write a review! I don't have GFC, so I'm following you now on Bloglovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete