15 May 2015

Liebster Award

I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! I was nominated by the lovely Diaries of a Book Lover.

Rules:

  • Link back to the person who has nominated you
  • Give 11 random facts about yourself 
  • Answer 11 questions from your nominator 
  • Nominate 11 new and obscure bloggers 
  • Come up with 11 questions from them to answer 
  • Inform your nominees 

Random Facts about Me:
  1. I have 3 cats, they're my fur babies, and I'm sure I'm destined to be a cat lady in the future. 
  2. I write down thoughts when I'm writing. 
  3. I cannot sleep if my closet door is open. 
  4. I love to write letters and I've had penpals since I was about 8 years old. 
  5. I came home from my first day of Junior Kindergarten crying because I didn't learn how to read. I was already reading by the time I started school, but I wanted to learn more. 
  6. I'm a caffeine addict, I can't go a day without having a cup of coffee. 
  7. I fall asleep with the TV on because I can't stand the silence at night. Especially with a room in the basement. 
  8. I play with my rings when I'm nervous. 
  9. I have a B.A in English Literature and a B.Ed. 
  10. The first book I remember reading on my own was Go Dog Go. 
  11. I often get asked if my eyes are naturally blue or if I wear contacts. I do, but they're just clear and because I can't stand to wear my glasses. 
Questions from the Nominator:

1. A popular author you have not read any books by?
Margaret Atwood. I have been told so many times to read something but her, but I still have yet to do so. 

2. If you could buy a boxset of any six books, what books would they be?
I would include:
  • Thoughtless by S.C Stephens
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins 
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K Rowling 
  • Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  • Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson 
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chebosky 
3. Favorite genre of music?
I like rock/alternative, pop rock & country 

4. Would you like to be an author?
I would absolutely love being an author and it was something that I have dreamed about from a very young age. I used to write stories all the time, and I still have a bunch that I wrote.

5. A strong female character in a TV show that you like?
Lorelai Gilmore, hands down. I'd love to be her, she witty, smart and just wonderful. 

6. Biggest physical book pet peeve?
When someone cracks the spine. I cringe to see a book with a cracked spine. 

7. Favorite place to buy books?
Chapters because I just love to walk around the bookstore and check to see what they have. Although I have been buying a lot from Amazon lately. 

8. What are two people that you ship that are not from the same book?
This is a really tough question, and I'm really struggling to come up with an answer. 

9. Skydiving or bungee jumping?
Bungee jumping

10. What is your opinion about libraries?
I think libraries are a wonderful idea, and I think that they make reading so much more accessible to just about everyone. 

11. Favorite TV show couple?
Lorelai and Luke from Gilmore Girls. 


I nominate...
  1.  Tina from Tina the Bookworm
  2. HannahCassie & Laura from PS I love that book
  3. Erika from Erika Books and Stars
  4. Jazmen from This girl reads a lot
  5. Melissa Rose from Around the World in Books
  6. Sophia from BookWyrming Thoughts
  7. Amanda from Stuck in YA
  8. Magen from Corrie the Book Crazed Girl
  9. Kitty from My Little Corner for Books
  10. Claudia from PenMarkings
  11. Michelle from Limitless Literature

Questions for my nominees...
  1. Where is your favourite place to read?
  2. Coffee or tea?
  3. Is there a book that you really wanted to like but could just not get through it?
  4. What is the first book that you can recall "hooking" you on reading?
  5. Do you prefer to read during the day or at night?
  6. What is your favorite color?
  7. How do you decide which book you're going to read next?
  8. If you were only allowed to bring one book with your on a desert island, which would you bring with you?
  9. Do you have any pets? If so, what do you have?
  10. Do you prefer paperback or ebook?
  11. Do you lend your books out?

3 comments:

  1. Congrats!! Wooow, I love it! Enjoy the weekend honey!

    I invite you to join my worldwide giveaways:
    Jexshop 10$ gift card & Polka dots dress

    If you want to follow each other, please follow me and I'll do the same:
    My blog | Bloglovin | Facebook

    (っ◕‿◕)っ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! I'm a cat lady as well. I love my two kitties. :) And I'm a big Gilmore Girl fan.

    Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great random facts and the answers to the questions :).

    ReplyDelete