24 August 2015

Review: Thoughtful

Author: S.C Stephens
Publisher: Forever
Pages: 560
Rating: 5 Stars 


Synopsis: The only place Kellan Kyle has ever felt at home is onstage. Gripping his guitar in a darkened bar, he can forget his painful past. These days his life revolves around three things: music, his bandmates, and hot hookups. Until one woman changes everything…
Kiera is the kind of girl Kellan has no business wanting—smart, sweet and dating h is best friend. Certain he would never be worthy of her love, he hides his growing attracting…until Kiera’s own tormented heart hints that his feelings might not be one-sided. Now, no matter the consequences, Kellan is sure of thing—he won’t let Kiera go without a fight.

Review: Despite having finished this book a few days ago, I’m still thinking about this story, and the characters, I cannot seem to get them out of my head. The same thing happened to me after I had finished reading Thoughtless. I wish I knew where to start with this review. When I found out that Kellan was going to get the chance to be able to tell his story, I was SO SO excited! I should also admit that I kind of forgot how angsty and heart-breaking the whole Kiera-Kellan-Denny this was. Despite knowing the story having read Thoughtless first, it completely changes it having it come from a different character’s point-of-view. I was fully aware of what I was getting myself into when I started this book, and I’m not sorry at all.
This book will definitely take a lot out of you. The way that S.C Stephens has written this book, everything feels so real, and it is so much more painful reading it from Kellan’s point-of view. He really does make your heart ache for him, and it is something that is extremely difficult to get over. Being given the opportunity to see this story unfold through Kellan’s eyes, you completely fall in love with him all over again.
Characters:
Kellan: *swoon*
If I were to only be able to choose one book boyfriend, it would hands-down  be Kellan. I thought I had loved him after I finished Thoughtless, but I was SO wrong. If you fell in love with him in Thoughtless, just wait until you pick Thoughtful up. Being inside Kellan’s head, you just gain a much deeper understanding and appreciation for him, and you feel for him so much more. Your heart will begin to ache for him. The way that he feels about himself, and how he thinks that he is undeserving of love, made me feel so sad for him. It is his thoughts about himself, that make his actions, such as the meaningless sex with whoever catches his attention, seem to make more sense.
It is also safe to say that this books is HOT. Every emotion that Kellan feels, he makes you feel right along with him. The way that he feels about Keira, it is so hard not to feel anything at all. Everything in this book is so raw, and real.
Kiera: I’m going to begin by saying that I was not her biggest fan in Thoughtless, and you if you weren’t either, this book will make you like her even less. This girl is just down-right aggrivating! The fact that she is so indecisive about everything just really begins to get irritating. Being able to witness her from someone else’s eyes, she’s a really cold-hearted bitch. I understand though that she could not have been in an easy situation, but I think that she probably could have handled herself so much better. Denny, it was so nice to be able to see him through Kellan’s eyes, and you really do understand just want Denny means to Kellan, and what Denny had done for him.
D-Bags: Really, what can I say about these guys? They are just as fantastic in this novel as they were in Thoughtless. I felt reading this book that I was much more a part of the band, and I got to know Griffin, Evan and Matt on a completely different level.
It is safe to say that this book can be read as a standalone and really nothing will be ruined, but I would suggest reading Thoughtless first, I think it will making reading Thoughtful so much more enjoyable.
At the end of it all, I am SO in love with the world that S.C Stephens has created in this series. As much as I complain about Kiera, all of the characters are so wonderful and they really make the story come alive. It is not an easy story to read, and it will toy with your emotions in ways that you may not have thought possible, but it is enjoyable. If you’re finding yourself looking for something to read, I suggest you give the Thoughtless series a chance, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment