06 June 2013

Review: Effortless

Author: S.C Stephens 
Publisher: Galley Books
Pages:482 
Rating: 5 Huge Stars

Synopsis: After being caught in the middle of a love triangle which led to a devastating betrayal, Kiera pledges to learn from the mistakes she'd made. She was determined to never again inflict that kind of pain on anyone, especially the soulful, talented man who held her heart.But life offers new challenges for every relationship, and when Kiera's love is put to the ultimate test, will it survive? Love is easy...trust is hard.


Review: I wasn't sure if it was possible, but I think I might have liked this book more than Thoughtless! As with Thoughtless, this book was absolutely heart-wrenching. S.C Stephens is such a powerful writer! Every emotion that her characters experience, her readers are left feeling the exact same thing! Writing with that kind of intense emotion, its hard not to like the book! Also, this was the first book that made me cry! 

The main issue in this book is how to learn and deal with trust. Kiera and Kellan are finally a couple, but that means that they both have so much that they have to work on. Kellan leaves for a tour with the band leaving Kiera at home to finish up her schooling. For Kellan, he has to learn to trust Kiera while he's away in terms of how their relationship started. For Kiera, its Kellan's reputation as "man-candy", that she has to trust.In comparison to the first book, I actually really like Kiera so much more. She seems to have matured some, and is not quite as annoying as I once thought. If it is even possible, my love for Kellan has just deeped. How else can I sum him up?

There is just so much that is going on in this book that made me swoon, and get butterflies in my stomach. I'm sure that I read most of this book with a huge grin plastered on my face.

If you haven't checked out this series yet, you NEED to! It is most definitely worth the read and you will not be sorry!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm a new follower through GFC and Bloglovin from Book Blogs! Check out my blog here Bookish Whimsy, and hopefully you would like to follow back. :)

    I haven't heard of this series! I'm don't read contemporary really, but if I do feel like it, I'll give this series a shot! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete