02 June 2013

Review: Thoughtless

Author: S.C Stephens
Publisher: Galley Books
Pages: 544
Rating: 5 Stars  

Synopsis: For almost two years now, Kiera's boyfriend, Denny, has been everything she's ever wanted: loving, tender, and endlessly devoted to her. When they head off to a new city to start their lives together--Denny at his dream job and Kiera at a top-notch university--everything seems perfect. Then an unforeseen obligation forces the unhappy couple apart. Feeling lonely, confused, and in need of comfort, Kiera turns to an unexpected source--a local rock start named Kellan Kyle. At first, he's purely a friend she can lean on, but as her loneliness grows, so does their relationship. And then one night everything chances...and none of them will ever be the same.  

Review: Ah! I don't even know where to begin with this book. I don't think I have ever read a book that was as much of an emotional roller coaster as this book was! 

Initially, I had a bit of a hard time getting into the book, and I thought about putting it down, and just try to read it a different time. But stuck it out, and by the time I hit page 100, and that was it, I was hooked!

Thoughtless is the story which revolves around a love triangle which is unbelievably intense. Kiera and her boyfriend of two years, Denny move cities. They move in with an old friend of Denny's, Kellan Kyle who is a local rock star. The connection between Kiera and Kellan is almost instant and you can feel it radiating immediately. After things get rocky with Denny and his job, things with Kiera and Kellan just grows so intensely. Their passion and their connection is so strong. There is SO much tension in this book. I can't even begin to describe how much I loved it! 

I had a bit of a hard time liking Kiera. I wanted to, but there were times when I just wanted to shake her., and just ask her what the hell she was going!  For a good chunk of the book, she kind of annoyed me, but she was tolerable. There were just some parts in this book where I wanted to take it and just throw it against the wall--but I was never able to put it down. 

Kellan, I don't even know where to start with him. I'm pretty sure I was swooning over him at the same time Kiera started. He's just one of those guys who it was almost impossible not to like, it made you wish he were real... He was definitely flawed and he had his issues, but I loved him! Cheating was such a huge theme in this book, and its something that I'm not too comfortable with, but S.C Stephens just made it work, and you know that it absolutely just had to be that. 

S.C Stephens has a really wonderful writing style. She is extremely detailed, and when you're reading, you're right in the world with the characters. All of the emotions that were present in the book, you definitely felt them. I don't think I have read anything just felt so real. All of her scenes were passionate, intense and HOT! 

If you have not read this book, you MUST! 

I cannot wait to get started on Effortless, and to find out what's next for Kellan and Kiera! 


1 comment:

  1. These actually look like fun stories. I'll keep them in mind now that I am home for the summer.

    I'm following!
    www.thebooknerd2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete