14 June 2013

Review: Reckless

Author: SC Stephens 
Publisher: Galley Books 
Pages:546 
Rating: 5+ Stars

Synopsis:  Can love survive when life gets reckless?

When the band hits it big, Kiera and Kellan must ask themselves: Can their love for each other withstand the constant pressure of superstardom? The friendships they've formed, the new family they've found, and the history they've forged will all play a part in helping them navigate the turblent waters of the band's exploding popularity. A greedy executive hell-bent on success. a declining popstar looking for an edge, and a media circus that twists lies into truths are just some of the obstacles the lovers will have to overcome if they are going to remind together. Fame comes with a price--but will it cost Kiera and Kellan everygthing? 



Review:WOW! Very much like the first two books, I have absolutely NO idea where to even begin with discussing this book.I am absolutely in love with this series! Its been a couple of days since I've finished reading Reckless and I cannot seem to get the characters or the story out of my head! 

This book did not come up short in anyway. True to SC Stephen's writing style, this book is filled with so much emotion. As with the first two books, this book made my heart race, it frustrated me, it gave me a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, and it made my heart sink. With this being such an intense, gut-wrenching roller coaster ride, I don't think that I'll ever be able to say how much I've loved this series! 

This book begins right where Effortless leaves off, and the beginning is so wonderful. After seeing Kiera and Kellan go through so much, its nice to see them get to have a nice moment, although it doesn't last. As with the first two books, there are more challenges and obstacles that keep popping up for these two. The main thing with this book is that it really makes you question the price of life in the limelight and all of the baggage that comes along with it. 

I absolutely loved all --well most of--the characters in this series. There were a few in this book that I really didn't care for, for some obvious reasons. 

Starting with Kiera, in Thoughtless, I really didn't like her at all. By the time that I reached Reckless, I loved her! She has truly come a long way, and has matured so much.She is so much stronger than I have ever given her credit for, and there are good reasons behind all of her actions. I finally feel like I do understand her. 

Kellan, is just Kellan. I don't know how much more I can say that I love him! Its just way too easy to fall in love with him. While he almost always breaks my heart, he makes me swoon after him moments later.*Sighs*

One thing that I really enjoyed with Reckless is how much SC Stephens has expanded on the backstory of some of the other characters. For being as crude and highly inappropriate as he is, I actually like Griffin, and he's really grown on me. I especially like him with Anna, and I always had a smile on my face when I was reading parts that concerned the two of them. They're so perfect for each other. 
I also really love Jenny and Evan together. I think that was absolutely perfect matching,  its impossible not to like either one of them. I'm so happy with where they've ended up. 
Finally, I've always had such a soft spot for Denny. He really is a good guy, and again its so hard not to like him. I loved that he was able to maintain his friendship with Kiera and Kellan, amd I'm also really happy to see him happy with Abby. They're perfect. 

SC Stephens ....the plot and the conflict that are present in this book really drove me just about to my breaking-point. There were times when I was just ready to put the book down, and give myself a few minutes before I picked it back up again. There was just so much angst and tension, that I was just about ready to fling my book at the wall. There were instances, when I was literally just laying there looking at my book , with my jaw open. There were things that I could not believe happened , and truth be told, I'm still a little shocked about it. 

As I was starting out with this series, I really wasn't too sure and it took me some time to get into it. Once I was into it, that was it. All of these characters and their stories are so compelling, and the emotions are so real, that you feel you're right there along side them. I have never been so enamoured with a story before. I will never be to say enough good things about these books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment