14 May 2013

Review: Beautiful Disaster

Author: Jamie McGuire
Publisher:Atria Books 
Pages:432 
Rating: 5 Stars 
Synopsis: The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University’s Walking One-Night Stand.
Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby wants—and needs—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match. 


Review:  I first picked this book up primarily just based on its cover (look at it, its gorgeous). I really didn't know anything as    I was getting into this book, but it turns out that I absolutely loved it! 

This was an incredibly addictive book and I found that I had a really hard time putting it down.

The story follows Abby, a good girl with a bit of a dark past. She meets Travis, a bad boy at college, and they seem to hit it off right from the start. After a deal has been made between the two,  their friendship begins to grow, and you just know that they are made for each other. 

I really enjoyed this story and the characters. Travis is definitely a very flawed character and his desire to be with Abby  is definitely swoon-worthy. At the same time I really enjoy Abby as well. It was definitely interesting to learn about her past, and it wasn't necessarily something that I had seen coming. 

Overall this is a really action packed and intense story. Its  very quickly paced and I think that's why I seemed to enjoy it so much. McGuire has written a wonderful story, and she has done an excellednt job at creating a world that just pulls you right it, I loved it! 

I cannot wait to read Walking Disaster.


No comments:

Post a Comment