16 May 2013

Review: Reflected In You

Author: Sylvia Day
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Pages: 432
Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis:  Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction...my every desire...mine. 

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful...except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. We were bound by our need. And out passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...


Review: I read Bared to You fairly late in August of last year, and I had completely loved it. For some reason or another, I had no idea that this book was so close to being out. I noticed it by chance one day while I was out shopping, picked it up, and read it in one sitting. Once again, I was just not able to put this book down! 

I am so in love with the world that Sylvia Day has created in the series, and I am definitely in love with the characters. Its really hard not to like any of the characters in this series.

While Bared to You was more of a setting up of the story, and introductions, this books goes deeper and we get to learn more about the Eva and Gideon's pasts. There is just so much that is happening between these two. They are trying so hard just to make their relationship work, and lust just is not enough. Their intense passion for one another is evident on every page of this book. Ultimately what this book comes down to is trust, and that is something that both Eva and Gideon need to work on. 

I am still enjoying Eva's character as well, which in a lot of cases is unusual for me. I sometimes find myself getting completely annoyed with the heroine by the end of the book, but not Eva. Being able to witness her relationship with Gideon first hand is intensely hot, and just having to watch her continue to overcome all of her past demons keeps me coming back.

Part of the reason that I enjoyed this book so much is that we finally got to get a better look at Gideon  and understand a little more about what he is about. He is such a complex, and completely flawed character, and he's so damn hot! Getting to know him even more is only making him that much more attractive. 

I cannot wait for Entwined With You and the next chapter in Eva and Gideon's story.  



No comments:

Post a Comment